Great emphasis is put on family-friendliness throughout the whole Dachau District, as is shown, among others, by the cultural life and leisure activities offered.
In the Dachau District, there are 13,771 children aged 0 to 10 years (4,097 between ages 0 and 3, 4,102 children between ages 4 and 6 and 5,572 between ages 7 and 10; status as of 31 December 2013).
In total, there are 7,833 places available in day-care facilities for these children (1,102 places in crèches, 5,190 places in kindergardens and 1,541 places in after-school centres).
Moderate Local Trade Tax Rates
By offering moderate trade tax rates between 300 and 360, the Dachau District municipalities show their business-friendly policies. The rates are significantly below the state average of 375.3. In comparison, neighbouring municipalities demand rates between 380 and 490.
- Population of the Dachau District 154,913 (June 2020)
- Unemployment rate 2.8 % (April 2021)
- Working population 70,543 (December 2019)
- Surplus of out-bound commuters 26,707 (December 2019)
- Trade tax rate (depending on municipality) 310 – 360 (status as of 2020)
- Spending power 121.4 index points (Germany = 100)
- Distance to Munich Airport approx. 30 min by car
- Distance to Munich exhibition centre approx. 30 min by car